Pages

Friday 8 July 2016

Activity 2: Sports - Ancient Olympics (Ancient Greece)


Walt: Write another blog post about the sport that you would like to join in and just imagine that you were born in that year when Ancient Greece created that event.


The sport that I would like to join is Boxing. Back in the days of Ancient Greece, it was similar to the boxing matches that we see today however, instead of the men wearing Gloves like we wear to today's events, the men will have long stripes of leather wrapped around their hands. The reason why the men in Greece will wear a long stripe of leather that is wrapped around their hands is because back then in Ancient Greece, the Gloves that we see today was not invented at all.

3 comments:

  1. Kia orana Roimata,

    I think that you have made a great choice for your Olympic sport! Boxing would be a lot of fun but it would also be quite difficult, I think, as the leather strips wouldn't be able to provide your hands with much protection. I am sure that you could handle it, however, and that you would have done very well as a boxer in the ancient games :)

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work roimata u go girl happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roimata,

    I think that boxing would be a great choice! It really isn't my sport, I prefer running, but I am sure that you could do very well at it.

    Keep it up!
    Iisa

    ReplyDelete