Pages

Monday 6 November 2017

Family Wedding

                                           Walt: Blog post about your weekend.

On Saturday 4th November, I attended my families wedding. We were going to celebrate my aunties wedding with her beloved husband. The lucky brides name was Veronica George, her husband was so lucky to have her as his wonderful bride.

Back in Veronica's days, she was a championship dancer for her homeland Aitutaki. She competed in so many competitions to keep her title as a champion dancer. Veronica was Cook Island and she had passion for her culture. She wore her beautiful white gown and her father was walking her into the hall.

There was about 4 flower girls and 6 bridesmaids. Everybody stood up to honor and congratulate Veronica on her very special day. All the girls were wearing astounding gold dresses and the men were wearing amazing tuxedos. There were so many people that turned up to her wedding, most of the families were preparing their food inside the Atiu hall.

Lot's of people brought so many foods to the wedding. My favorite part was when the dance group came to perform to the bride and groom. The boys and girls were wearing nice costumes and their dancing was pretty fast. While the Cook Island group was still performing, the kids were playing outside of the hall.

We had so much fun at the wedding. It was special for me because I got to see most of my own cousins that I have never met before. But the one thing that I didn't like about the wedding was that, there was no dessert. I was looking forward to eating some, but they all just disappeared out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment